What types of personal data do we hold?
Information we hold about you may include the following types of data:
- Account information: When you register for competitions, events or other activities operated by UJ (whether online, over the telephone, by post or in person) we will often ask you for your name, email address, country of residence, telephone number, and year of birth. We may also ask you for additional information depending on the competition, event or other activity you are registering to use and/or attend.
- Transactional information: When you purchase tickets, pay to enter events or buy merchandise or other products from UJ, we will keep a record of your transaction, including what you purchased and any information you provide to us to fulfil the transaction. This may include your name, the date of purchase, your billing information, telephone number and your delivery address. We will not keep your payment card information, except for the last four digits of your payment card number which we keep in case there are any payment disputes or we need to issue you with a refund.
- Information you provide to us in response to a survey: We may occasionally contact you to ask for your feedback on UJ events, competitions, products and/or services so that we can make them better and more relevant.
- Information you post online: Where applicable, we may hold and use information and/or user generated content which you post on the UJ website.
- Information from other companies: We may use publicly available postal address lists and the edited electoral roll to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate or we may use this information, together with general market research information (for example, demographic information) to add to and enhance our fan database.
- Online usage information: If you use the UJ website we may collect information relating to your browser type, Uniform Resource Locator (URL), clickstream information to, through and from the UJ site (including date and time), any products you viewed or searched for, the length of visits to certain pages, website interaction information, (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and any methods used to browse away from the page.
The purposes for which we use your information
- Contract performance: UJ may use account information and transactional information data to fulfil any contract you may have with UJ, including contracts for the purchase of tickets for events or competitions, purchase of merchandise, products, services, promotions and when we administer your online accounts. We also use this information to communicate with you and handle your enquiries regarding any contracts.
- Recruitment: If you apply for a job with UJ we may use your information for the purposes of recruitment and selection, corresponding with you and equal opportunities monitoring.
- Legal obligations: UJ retains records of all of its financial transactions with you in order to comply with its legal obligations to maintain adequate accounting records. UJ may use (and disclose) the information it holds about you in order to comply with any investigative demand, court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency.
- Other legitimate purposes: UJ analyses information it holds about you to identify trends and preferences and to get a more informed picture of how UJ customers are using and/or interacting with its events, products and services. UJ does this to make better strategic decisions about its business so that it can improve the way it operates, including by delivering content and services which are more customised and relevant. UJ uses online usage information to administer and improve the function and content of the UJ website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device and browser, to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so and to help keep UJ’s online services safe and secure.
- Marketing with your consent: If you consent to it, UJ may contact you with news and offers from UJ and its sponsors and partners from time to time, which we think may be of interest to you. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Disclosures for legal reasons: UJ may also disclose the information it holds about you to those persons that have a reasonable need to know such information, if it believes in good faith that this is necessary to: (i) establish, exercise or enforce its legal rights, including contractual rights; (ii) defend itself against a legal claim; (iii) report a crime or prevent a crime; (iv) prevent harm to any individual or any property (including intellectual property); or (iv) prevent fraud.
- Business transfer: If UJ sells or buys any business or assets, your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets so that they can carry out due diligence in respect of the sale or purchase but only if UJ has taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of that information. If UJ (or substantially all of its assets) are acquired by a third party, personal data held about fans will be one of the transferred assets.
How long do we keep your information?
- its financial transactions with you for six years in order to comply with its legal obligations to maintain adequate accounting records;
- its contracts with you for six years so that it has appropriate evidence in place if there is a claim for breach of contract made within the statutory limitation periods;
- job applications for up to six months in case other suitable opportunities arise;
- your account information until you close or delete your account/ profile (at which point we would also delete any information from other companies or market research which we have appended to your account/profile);
- any market research we have undertaken (and which is not appended to your user account) for 3 years;
- any other information you post online for 3 years if it is on UJ Official Websites; and
- online usage information for 3 years.
If any information falls into more than one category then the longer storage period will apply.
- ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- obtain, without undue delay, erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if UJ’s processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it;
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances rather than having it erased;
- object to the processing of, personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where UJ’s processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected;
- receive personal data, which you have provided to UJ, in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and transmit that personal data to another data controller, or have UJ do so on your behalf where technically feasible;
- be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
- lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
Our business and the competitions, products and services we provide from time to time are not specifically targeted at children, but we appreciate that many children are fans of American Football and/or sport generally. We would therefore ask that parents and guardians supervise their children when they are online and that children under 18 do not submit personal information or content to UJ, make purchases, or take part in UJ promotions or competitions, without the consent of their parent or guardian.
How you can contact us